DUFFERIN — An allegedly impaired pickup truck driver — also accused of having both cannabis and alcohol available to him within the vehicle — collided Nov. 10 with a tractor in Grand Valley.
Dufferin OPP say the collision occurred shortly after 5:40 p.m. on Amaranth-East Luther Townline road.
Police report charging 66-year-old Grand Valley resident Gerald Riddle in connection with the incident. Riddle — whose novice driver’s licence was immediately suspended for 90 days and vehicle impounded for seven days — must answer to charges of:
· Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs
· Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
· Novice driver – blood alcohol concentration above zero
· Drive vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available
· Class G1 licence hold – unaccompanied by qualified driver
· Having car or control of a motor vehicle with liquor readily available
· Careless driving
The accused is due to appear in Orangeville court this January.