By Connor Lynch
WELLINGTON — A 65-year-old local worker at a mushroom farm in Prince Edward County was rushed to hospital after his arm was sliced open by a conveyor.
Paramedics were called to Wellington Mushroom Farm, just east of the town, on Sept. 20. The worker’s arm was caught in a conveyor, causing a deep laceration.
Highline Mushroom human resources leader SJ Dowling declined to name the injured worker but said that “all available benefits for him and his family have been extended. Our deepest sympathies are with him, as are our best wishes for his recovery.” The worker has been with Wellington Mushroom since 1992. The Ministry of Labour is investigating and has ordered the farm to repair a removable access ladder, emergency stop button and safety interlock switch.