Sometimes you run into someone who isnt a farmer and the only thing he knows is what he heard from an anti-farming nut job. If he confronts you about your farming practices, here are eight things to remember:
1. Remain calm.
2. Take a step back, think about it and re-ask the question so you understand what the person is asking.
3. Dont get defensive or start a fight.
4. Answer questions truthfully. Never make up anything.
5. Speak to what you know.
6. If you dont know the answer, offer to get the person in contact with someone who does.
7. Dont let the conversation be railroaded.
8. If you feel uncomfortable, step back from the conversation.
Farm & Food Care Foundation